Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My DIY Wedding Favors -- Cake Pops

I have been going back and forth now on what to do for wedding favors, but the bottom line was we didn't wan't to get something that guests would either just leave at the table or sit it somewhere to collect dust and then decide to throw it out later on during a "spring cleaning".... So to find something that was a good gift for ALL of our guests that wouldn't be a dust collector was hard.  So what was left?  Candy? Looked like it.Then I remembered how I went to a Bridal show and they had "cake pops" there.  I thought to myself, that would be cute so I started to look up on-line thinking they couldn't be too hard to make and while they aren't made exactly how I thought they were - they are very simple to make... Maybe a little time consuming though!
I showed the idea to Darin and he loved it too!  I will be making cake pops - either a larger one per guest (these will need a stronger stick than a lolipop stick) or I will group together a couple of the regular sized ones per guest.  I will also be making different flavors and designs so there will be a variety. Going to do some trail runs to make sure my wedding favor cake pops are the best that I can get them as I am no professional baker nor am I experienced in making these before (never have), but trails runs will be fun and yummy =)  Holidays are coming up - perfect time to start experimenting with cake and frosting ratios, design styles and ways, etc... My family shall be my testers to let me know what they like or don't like and to also give opinions on what flavor combos they like. Have you ever had a cake pop before?  If you haven't then you will be in for a real treat!   But just a fair warning, these things are like a strong drug - you will be addicted!  They are so yummy and flavorful and you will probably find yourself craving more! I can't wait to get started on my trail runs and look forward to providing my guests with not only a simply delicious wedding favor, but one that was personally made by me.

2 comments: